1. I would rather eat 15 snacks a day than eat any full meal. Cereal, chips and guacamole, fruit, half of an avocado, some cheese, green salad, freshly juiced apples/pears/carrots/ginger… I’d eat like a scavenger instead of a civilized human 😉 You know, if scavengers had juicers.
2. Which American Olympic “win” will not make me cry? Seriously. I’m not particularly patriotic, but I love the Olympics! I love seeing all that devotion and passion come to a head and see people get rewarded for something they’ve worked so hard for. If someone is winning, an Erin is crying.
3. I need a pet goat. And I don’t want it to just wander around the back yard… I want it to walk around my house like a labrador. I’ll take it for walks and everything! I personally like this one because it’s kind of mean and it’s hilarious:
4. It’s the week of veggies over here! We made broccoli soup in the Vitamix which was incredible. I don’t know how, but it had a really mild flavor of cinnamon or cloves. I steamed the broccoli (bought a big stem of it, fresh) for about 6 minutes, then pureed the florets with the stem, a splash of water, a cup of raw spinach, a pinch of salt and pepper.
I took a zillion “tastes” before actually putting it in a bowl like an adult. But the color was pretty!
Tonight I’m roasting all the vegetables in our crisper (zucchini, squash, tomatoes, & red pepper) before they go bad and will roll them in a toasted grainy tortilla with hummus, avocado, feta, and spinach.
Bam! Dinner: Done! Back to the writing board for a little Yoganonymous fun 😉
5. I’m feeling better about all the downright meanness on that article, too! I can’t lie – I shed some tears over the things people were saying and e-mailing. I was really just trying to communicate the tips that flip the “a-ha” light switch ON for most people and it felt like I was beng bombarded with craziness over a couple petty words. Luckily, I also had lots of people reach out with positive, encouraging, wonderful thoughts about not being able to please everyone and to keep doing what I’m doing. Good to hear, so thank you for being awesome 🙂
Now, share with me something fun about your Thursday!